How to help educate your child
"How can I help my child be successful at school?"
We (teachers) cannot do it without you (parents). If your child does not have (a) your support and encouragement, and (b) a belief in his/herself, THEN he/she will not succeed. Studies have shown that the student needs certain things to succeed in school. They are:
- Parents to encourage them to succeed,
- A DESIRE TO SUCCEED,
- Teachers to give them the skills to succeed,
- A school that gives an environment to succeed.
Guess which one is the most important.....
Studies in the U.S. have shown that parental support is the most important and significant factor in children's education.
What can you do?
1. You can instill a BELIEF in your child that he/she CAN succeed.
2. You can instill in your child a DESIRE to succeed.
3. You can establish special homework times for your child to do homework.
4. You can either spend time with your child, helping him/her with homework, OR hire a tutor to help him/her with homework.
6. You can encourage your child to memorize important vocabulary in each subject.
Study Vocabulary through morphemes.
Study Vocabulary through synonyms.
7. You can have your child read lots and lots!!!!! Studies have shown that the more a child reads the better they do in school.
Why do children under 13 years of age need parental supervision?
Quite simply, the answer is because U.S. law requires that I put warnings on my site, if I solicit personal information from visitors. I don't really solicit any information; however I do have a "guest-book" where visitors may leave their names and comments about my website. Furthermore, there are third-party advertisements, which may solicit information (for the purpose of selling something). Lastly, I do solicit donations, but is unlikely that any child under 18 years of age has a credit card, so therefore cannot donate.
That's why children under the age of 13 should be with a parent or guardian when visiting this website.
I hope you all enjoy the wonderful educational material that I have amassed free of charge (as it should be)!
Leon is available for free consultations by email.
Please see Leon's Contact Page for his email address.
Leon's Planet dot com is an educational website. © from 1997 to present time. Contact Webmaster
"Love is all there is; Everything else is entropy." (Leon)